Monday, November 9, 2009

New Shells!







This week in class it took me a while to get back into drawing. Since we hadn't drawn at all the week before, I felt out of practice. I found that the 30 second gesture drawings were not long enough. I am having a hard time drawing all the skeletal and parts of the body that we were taught in class in 30 seconds and often only get the spinal cord, rib cage and pelvis mapped out in that time. I think the one minute- 2 minute time amounts really allow me to get back into drawing and practice drawing all the part of the body that we have learned this far. I liked that we had a couple long poses, I feel like I am able to get everything in better proportion and mapped out properly. The half hour to hour poses are my favorite. It gives us a enough time to get everything drawn out and refined. I have been working on my line weight in the longer poses as well. I think they are starting to get a little better, and not as dark.
For homework, we had to re-do the abductors on our manikins. I realized that I had left part of a muscle out the first time I built them, because I thought the book was showing a couple of the muscles together. However, the second time building them, I was able to look closer and build the muscles correctly and in proportion to each other. We also got new shells and had to draw them as conture drawings for our homework over the weekend. Having the larger shells made it easier to draw, however, the shell I received was very smooth and hard to draw because there were no bumps or movement in the shell to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment