Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MIDTERM!

I feel that I have learned a lot this semester in life drawing. I thought I knew how to draw the body in proportion before this course, however after learning the proportions in terms of the rib cage and the pelvis, I realized I was making the torso of the body way too long. I also learned how to map out different skeletal and muscle structures on the body while drawing the model. I think my strengths so far this semester are drawing the spinal column and the location of the ribs in comparison to the pelvis. However, I do think that I can improve on drawing the model from different angles/views. I am starting to get better at doing foreshortening, but I feel that I can still improve even more.
I would like to get better at drawing foreshortening, along with different angles the model is in comparison to me. I also need to try to draw with thinner or lighter lines. I tend to always draw really dark, and then when I need to go back and fix my drawings, or make sure they are in proportion, the lines are often too dark to erase or get rid of them. By the end of the semester I would also like to get better at building the manikin. I have been working hard to make it, as close to the book as possible, however, I am never quite sure if they are completely right or the right size. Many times I feel like I make the muscles too small or too big. I would like to go over the muscles more in class to make sure the ones I have done are correct, so I am not building over muscles that are incorrect. I do realize that several muscles have to be assigned at a time in order to finish them all, yet I feel that when there are only about 5 muscles assigned at a time, I can spend more time and make sure they are created better and in proportion.
I feel that life drawing has really helped me to draw things with depth and in proportion. I will use these skills in all of art classes, whether it be to map out a design/picture or to fully render a drawing.

http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/debrouxs/

No comments:

Post a Comment