Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Feet!





This week in Life drawing, we concentrated on the feet. We got several long periods of time to observe and draw the feet with the different bone structures, muscles, and shapes that Amy taught us when drawing the feet. I really liked the half hour drawing periods of the feet, because I was able to get the right proportions and shapes of the foot. I tried several different positions of the foot in order to challenge and prepare myself for when we have to draw the whole body in detail. I am really glad we have finally learned how to draw the feet because it is something I have always had trouble with, but now feel a lot more confident when doing so. I look forward to learning how to draw the hands.
It was really interesting learning how the bones connect to each other in the feet. I never realized that the some of the metatarsals attach to the heel while others attach to the ankle. I also like how amy taught us to draw the toes because I had always thought of them as one part. However, she taught us that there are 3 phalanges that make up each toe except the big toe, so we should draw them with 3 angles, which help them to look more life like. Drawing the foot with side plains also seemed to help give the foot more dimensionality and made it actually look like a 3D object.

No comments:

Post a Comment