Monday, November 23, 2009

Bodies Exhibition and the Skull



This week we took a field trip to the Mall of America to see the bodies exhibition and then we went to MIA to look at the artwork there as well. I found the bodies exhibition very interesting and beneficial to me when it comes to drawing. Upon arrival, I was afraid I would get sick or feel queasy while I was in there, but after getting inside I realized I had nothing to worry about. One of my favorite displays there was the nervous system. I liked the display case where it showed all the nerves, neurons, and spinal column. I am amazed that they could get all of those nerves out of a body without destroying them. I also found all the full body manikins very helpful when it came to seeing how the muscles worked together on the body and where each are located.
At the MIA, I went into the Louvre section of the museum and found it really neat to see some of the paintings and sculptures that are located in the Louvre. Some day, I hope to go see the actual Louvre and all the beautiful artwork displayed there. We also looked at the Native American, Japanese, and architectural displays. There was so much to see, and not much time to see it, but I really enjoyed the field trip as a whole.
In class on Thursday, we began drawing the skull. I am really glad we are starting to learn how to draw the head and face. I think it will really help my drawing skills when drawing people. I like learning the shape and where things are located on the skull, because I found that I was making the face bigger than what it was supposed to be. But after seeing the face in proportion with the rest of the skull I began to see where everything was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment