Monday, October 26, 2009


This week was a shortened week due to Advisement day. So by the time we actually had to draw again, i felt out of practice. After doing a couple 30 second gesture drawings of the girl model, I began to get back in the groove. What I liked about this class period was that we had longer time amounts to draw the model, and really focus on the whole body and detail. I find the 30 second poses good for becoming comfortable with the subject matter at the beginning of class, but I find it hard to really get much of anything drawn. I like the 5 minute up to 45 minute poses the best. I also liked the variety of views the girl model was able to give us this week. However, I found it hard to draw some of the views depending on the angle. When she is straight on or sitting down, sometimes I find it hard to figure out the placement of the pelvis or rib cage, or have troubles with the foreshortening. This week, I felt as if I got a little better hold on foreshortening when Amy and Josh walked around the class and pointed out different markers or ways to check your drawings to make sure they are in proportion. I feel that the figures I draw are slowing becoming more and more in proportion each week, with learning all the different skeletal and muscular structures that make up the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment