Friday, October 16, 2009

The Pelvis



This week we spent Tuesday watching a video on the pelvis bones and glut muscles. It contained a lot of information and was somewhat interesting. Since it was an older video it was a little dry and I had a hard time seeing what he was drawing, but I learned a lot about how to draw the pelvis. I thought it was good that we got to practice drawing the model that same day because we got practice doing what we just learned and it broke up the class period. I learn better when the class is segmented because it keeps my attention better. Even though the video taught me a lot about how to draw the pelvis, I think I prefer having lectures. I can then ask questions if something is unclear and I like how Amy draws it out as she explains it because that is how I learn best.
I enjoyed drawing the model on Thursday as well. We hadn't drawn a girl model in a while, so it was nice to get some variety. I liked how she gave several poses because it really helped me to practice drawing what we had learned during Tuesdays class. It took me a while to warm up, but after doing the 30 second poses for a while, I was able to get back into it again and found that my drawings improved a great deal. I think learning about the muscles and bones is really paying off because my drawings are improving and I am able to make sure the body is proprotionate to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment