Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Abdominals




This last week we learned about about the ribs along with the abdominal muscles. I had never realized that there were four different muscles that make up the abdominals. I had thought that there were only two. The ribs were also very interesting to learn about. Now that we talked about how to draw the sternum and how to draw the ribs from the front and side view, it is a lot easier to draw the models. I have a better idea of how long the abdominal and rib cage so be, helping me keep the body in better proportion. I was confused or wondering about one thing though, I had thought that men had one less rib than females, however, we were told that everyone has twelve ribs. So is it a myth or is it true?
Drawing the model this week felt a little like starting over. It felt like a long time since i had drawn since we missed a week and half of drawing. After the the first couple drawings for 30 seconds, I began to get back in the groove. Some of the poses were hard to draw because of the angle or how he was standing. But after practicing, I got better, and began to understand to draw the rib cage, spine, and sternum, along with the spinal column that we learned a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment