Monday, September 28, 2009

Muscles!



This week in life drawing, I didn't get much time to actually practice drawing the spine. After learning about how it curves and what the spine is made up with, I had my shell critique and only got to draw one drawing from the model this week. I really hope we get more time to practice with the spine as well as learn how to draw the central line in the front, because I missed then while in critique as well.
I worked on building my muscles on my little skeleton model this last weekend, and found it a little difficult. Even though the book provides a variety of views from different angles sometimes it is hard to tell how big and the location of each muscle in comparison to each other. Some of the muscles that we were supposed to put on the skeleton this week were pretty little and just ended up getting covered by other muscles which is a little frustrating after working hard to make sure they are in the right spot and shaped the same as the one in the book. I think once we get further along in building the skeletons it will be more fun because there will be more muscles that I will be familiar with and be able to recognize on the body when I am drawing the model in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment