Thursday, September 10, 2009

Intro Post



My name is Sam, and this is the first Life Drawing class I have taken. I have always been fascinated with drawing people, particularly faces, however I would like to expand my horizons by drawing the whole body. I have done lots of self portraits and people drawings in several of my art classes in the past and have really enjoyed working with the human figure.
I think this class will help me to draw things in three-dimension and learn how to draw better with line rather than just shading. I want to work on having clean lines rather than ones that have a sketchy quality along with having variety with my line weight. I also want to improve on drawing things/body parts in proportion with each other.
Here are a couple of drawings/paintings I have done in other classes.

1 comment:

  1. Sam,
    You have a good sense for detail. I enjoy all the lines and wrinkles in the man's face and the care with which you drew God and Adam.

    The top drawing is from such a great point of view.

    You have some experience drawing figures already. I think what you'll find this semester is how you'll understand how the whole body fits together structurally and how to make everything appear more 3D--like eyes and mouths, for example. You've got a great start above, but you'll get even better.

    I look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete