Friday, December 11, 2009

The face and hands





This week we learned how to draw the ears and mouth to go along with the rest of the face. We did this by picking a partner in class and drawing their head. The part I struggled with the most was getting the eyes lined up and making sure they were at the right angle because my partner was slightly turning away from me. I also struggled with drawing the mouth. I have never been good at making the mouth match up with the rest of the face and drawing it to the right proportions. But I think that I did a pretty good job matching them up and actually think the picture looks some what close to the person I was drawing. I think the lecture on how to draw the mouth really helped.
On Thursday we practiced drawing hands. The hands are similar to the feet so we just used our prior knowledge to draw the hands. I found it really hard to get them in the right proportion and make the hand look like it was three dimensional. But after drawing 3 different hands I think I finally got them to look in proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment